Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Just a quickie

Yes I know. All (both) of you are waiting to see pictures of The Desk. I have to do a little bit of camera manipulation to get it done, so maybe tomorrow. I also have to get some homework done, so I can only do a tiny blog (blogarita?) tonight. I got two new knitting pattern books in the mail today.

HOP! HOP!

(That's me jumping up and down, btw). I've been in a bit of a knitting frump - I'm not sure what I want to make, other than I want it to be in the yellow silk I have. I've thought about designing my own piece. The problem is that something I would design would have way too many complicated bits, because I would start with the design first. Then, I would look at it and say...I have no idea how to knit that. So I made a vain attempt to knit a gauge swatch so that I have something to knit in the yellow silk. Then, like a song from heaven, the doorbell rings accompanied by a cacaphony of dog barks and lying on the porch are these two books from Yarn Market:



Both are chock full of neato things for me to knit...for myself! What a great idea! I could make something for me! (Because, in the end, it's all about me. If I wasn't a showboater, I wouldn't have a blog, would I?) :D

I know, I know - I have unfinished stuff. The Bedroom Sweater is sitting patiently, in all its pink, orange and brown goodness, waiting for me to get my gauge on and edge the thing. And Delores has given me garbage bags full of projects. I am so not joking. I have them stuffed in the closet of the sewing room. If I don't watch, doing Delores Projects could become a full-time (unpaid) job. I also have a few unfinished/half started mini projects: The Steeking Incident stands out:

I have successfully steeked, but I have not even touched it since then. I'm sure there is a stuffed animal out there somewhere that needs to look like Spiderman.

(Mom: steeking is this. It's basically, cutting holes in your knitting - on purpose. BTW - I found a very cool jacket in the Classic Arts book that seems to fit the bill. It's loose and pretty - oh, it's the cover, haha. When I see you next, I'll show you my idea.)

So I should get to my homework. Gene told me to take a nap this afternoon (I was a bit...b**chy) and now I am behind :( I may have to not do the extra work. I'm such a freakin' nerd. :P

Ciao for now!

J

2 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Suzy said...

I'm so cool I can steek without trying. LOL

I'm on hold from knitting too - I think it's just too hot to touch yarn.

Once I'm in my new place and you guys visit ... Gene can hang out ... somewhere and we can sit on my floor and knit.

Maybe I'll get a couch before you come. ROFL

I love catching up on your blogs ... but seriously how are yours spaced so neatly?

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to your blog as well. Though I must admit I also religiously check suzy's.. It makes me feel like you both aren't so far away... I miss you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home