Saturday, May 06, 2006

Old post - 20 Mar 06

Suzy was here all this week - hence, no updates until now :). I was also busy all last week trying to make a million (acutally, about a third of a million) dollars for the business. The Magic Eight Ball says "Outlook Not Good". *sigh* Anywho...in the immortal words of Inigo Montoya:

Let me 'splain. No. There is too much. Let me sum up.

Saturday Suzy came into Chicago - turns out Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day the weekend before. I thought Chicago was a decently Irish town and had their parades and drunken brawls on the proper weekend. But Weber Grill was good, anyway. I think my favorite Chicago food thus far is the chopped salad every restaurant seems to have. Bleu cheese, Romaine lettuce, pepper, bacon, other stuff...yum :)

Sunday, Gene, Suzy and I all went to Niles to have breakfast with Grandpa Szat and Gene's Dad. It's always a treat - and Kappy's has AWESOME Belgian waffles. (Clearly, I am hungry.) Later, I helped put together the Sigma Invites for Founders' Day. They are really pretty :) I feel all, like, accomplished and stuff :)

Monday was a work day, ho-hum, but then Monday night was my first night of karate. Yay! Guess who is totally out of shape! I didn't even make it the whole hour of training. To my credit, We had to do 30 pushups right after running laps (laps? wtf???). The first 10 push ups were diamond, the next 10 normal and the final 10 with arms way out. I did them boy-style, and I believe I pulled something in my back. I did have to wait a few days to find out what was actually hurt, since my WHOLE FREAKING BODY was so sore, lol! I had to leave the training floor, though, because I thought I would either vomit, pass out, or maybe even both.

Tuesday was...nothing that I can think of. KIDDING, Suzy! Unfortunately, Suzy's birthday was fairly boring, as far as birthdays go. I feel bad for that - we said that we would go out to eat, but we spent the day shopping for me to have new clothes for this major presentation I scheduled. From scratch. I AM proud of that :)

So we decided to go to RainForest Cafe in Gurnee.... but no. They close at 9 PM (aroo? Isn't that a bit early for a restaurant?) Anyway, we ended up going to a local Mexican Restaurant. Suzy got a birthday tiara, a margarita and Mexican food. We gave her the Rock Star Lifestyle we live every day, hah.

Poor Suzy - if you know her, tell her Happy Birthday ('twas the 14th).

Wednesday...what did I do? I had a rockin presentation and felt pretty good about life. Knitted some...

What did I do on Wednesday night? *takes time to go downstairs and refresh the coffee, take pictures of things* Oh, yeah! I remember :)

I made cards. I was in the mood for paper crafting because of the Sigma cards, so I (finally) made cards for the babies of two friends of mine. They were born in December. It's thoughtful, actually, of me to make the cards now. Babies never get cards three months after they are born. I am just making sure that they are still feeling good about their decision to be born. I'll call it "Life Marketing." Holy crap, I need to get into an Art History class, and soon. I sound like a business person. *shudder*

Anywho, here are some pics of the cards I made (address are blurred because 3 month old babies don't need junk mail - and neither do I!):






The stamps will be pretty cute:

And Sharon's (Mother-in-Law) birthday is this week - so I made one for her, too:



Unfortunately, I used stickers for the "happy birthday" part, so it looks shiny. The envelope itself is shiny, at least at the center of the flower, because I put embossed glitter on it.

Mmmm...glitter...

The little pockets to the left on the babies' cards are for the gift cards that I am going to send. They must be at the point they've used up all the gift cards from when the kids were actually born, right? I'm not procrastinating - I'm thinking about the babies...

Thursday we went to the Shedd Aquarium. Gene apparently took pictures of that, and so did Suzy. I sure don't know where they are. I imagine Suzy's myspace blog will have a few. Gene's pics - well, he will wait until he gets some sort of bug up his... I mean, he will put them on the regular website eventually. He thinks that MySpace is evil and that it is sucking my soul.

It's not sucking my soul so much as it...slurps on occasion. Loudly. With a spoon that is just too big for its mouth.

Food...

Friday, Suz left while I was at meeting number 2 for what I had hoped would be a big win. Again, I gotta say, I don't think I got it. I would love to, but the guy was supposed to call today, and nothing. That would have just been great - I never get wins like that! Anywho.
Then we found out that Suzy wasn't actually leaving - United Airlines made sure of that. To make a long story short, they delayed her so long she missed her connecting flight, and every other flight until Monday night. That's right - a THREE DAY DELAY. Unbelievable. She left today, and at last word, she was actually ON a plane. We hope for the best, lol.

Saturday was our anniversary - six years we've been married! We figure we've passed the 7 Year Itch (and thus, Marilyn Monroe?) since we lived together for 3 years before we got married. I got Gene a silly little Men's Valet with a plaque that has his initials engraved on it. It's...nice. Nothing great. I would post a pic, but I can't get it off the Red Envelope website. Trust me, it's...nice.

So Gene (who really comes up with his best ideas at the last minute, lucky guy), was standing outside while he let me sleep in. It was a nice sunny day, and he came up with an idea of what he could get me for our anniversary:

The first bike I have had since I was 13 :) It doesn't have a banana seat or a basket, but I still think it's pretty cool :) So here is the rest of the gift (Oh yeah, there's more). The bike is for Gene and I to go out and be together, away from the house/office and spend sometime together, by ourselves, in the sunshine, possibly with a picnic or something.

So we went riding by Lake Michigan on Sunday, and had a beautiful time :) No pictures - just Gene and I, ridin' bikes, listening to the waves.

Which brings us to today - All I have done is work, listen to conference calls (I am usually just on them, answering "yes" to something about once every 15 minutes) and finishing Delores' Power Point project. She gets to sit and watch tv, and I am, for all practical purposes, doing her homework. Blech. And, as I mentioned, I don't think I got the sale. I'll call tomorrow to confirm, but I just don't feel all that confident. I am thinking of knitting, but I might just sit on the couch with my hubby, watching the very romantic Adult Swim since I missed my knitting show (Knitty Gritty) twice.

Until I have more to say, ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home