Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Project Channel! All Projects, All the Time!


I am attempting to finish every home improvement project idea I have this weekend. And I mean ALL of them.

First, Thursday afternoon, unannounced, 3 cubic yards of much was dumped on my driveway. In the rain. Blocking my car.

So I in my raincoat grabbed the wheelbarrow and began to dig my way out. To put the amount of mulch that was on my driveway into perspective, we're looking at about 75 BAGS of mulch. In a warm, steamy pile. Gene came home around 7:30, (luckily the rain had stopped by then, and it was just hot) and jumped into the pile with me. We were quite a team; and we were quite dirty. But the effort paid off, I think.




In other garden news, my lilac is on its last legs. I'm sad that I missed the best weekend for the lilac, although it was nice to be at Amy's graduation. Gene's family is very nice, but I'm a little family'd out, you know?

My pretty purple flowers have turned pink, but there is just the tiniest bit of lingering scent. I love that smell!


I spent about an hour watering about 3/4 of the flowers this morning, since it will be about a million degrees today. Or 90. One of those. I'll water the rest this afternoon, when they are in the shade, since they are supposed to be shade plants, and I don't want them to get sunburnt.

When I first planted them, they looked quite nice! They are now a bit droopy and sad. I'll show you a picture of the Happy Flowers, instead. :)


Gene is the original WaterBoy.





We are also painting my office. I tried to get a clip of the color, but Glidden is all Macromedia, and it won't let me copy the image. Anyway, it's a very light celery green called Morning Blend. I'm going to build a desk area - basically a long counter, and that will be painted chocolate brown. I'm also going to have shelves painted brown for my little objects d'art. I found a chaise at Ikea (another pesky macromedia site) but it's white. I want to change the color - maybe to a deep robin's egg blue. Plus, I have to make the curtains. Ugh!! That means I have to find a flat surface in my sewing room! That's pretty unlikely. Someday, I will try to organize that place.

Hahaha. I imagine I will win the lottery first.

The sweater is...on hiatus. I just can't look at the Bedroom Carpet sweater this weekend. I have too much to accomplish and it's 90 degrees and not really sweater weather right now, anyway. The edge that I made (without checking the guage *sigh*) was...ruffly.


So I took the scissors to it...

And threw away the carnage.

I think I'll go back to my idea of measuring the length and knitting a 7 stich wide strip to go around the edges. Delores tried it on yesterday, and it fits great. I told you she was tiny!

Well, I should get back to painting. I have to be a functional person tomorrow. Ciao for now.

2 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Very entertaining, two thumbs up!

Miss you,
~S

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there little plants! Your days to shine are yet to come with wonderful sunny days and deep soaking watering. Mother nature sure looks good in your yard! Now about that "mold"...where did you say you got your mulch? hehehe.
Jealous in Toledo, Mother Earth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home