Monday, August 21, 2006

Live, from the Northwoods...

I am here right now:

I have had the opportunity to do a lot of knitting and a decent amount of spinning. I'm working on the light green roving I bought at Stitches Midwest. It was dyed with Queen Anne's Lace (yellow) and Indigo (blue). I love the color! I try to get a little bit done every day, to see if I can get the whole chunk of roving done this week.

I've also worked a goodly amount on The Bedroom Sweater (scroll down to Purply Goodness). I managed to finish the edging around the collar and now I'm doing the seed stitch edging around the rest of it. Then all I have to do is put on buttons and weave in the ends; the Sweater Which Will Not End may actually finish! I thought of how long I've been working on this while we were driving to Eagle River, WI. Last summer we were here with Delores (which will never ever happen again) and she picked out the Carpet Yarn. So this sweater has taken me A YEAR. Well, it's obviously not the only project I've worked on, but still. Want. It. Done.

I also thought I found the pattern to use with my yellow raw silk. I realized that the tank top I wanted to make had an unusual neckline and that one strap was wider than the other - almost like a cap sleeve. No cap sleeve on these arms. It's no good to cut off my circulation or emphasize the sexy swinging of arm fat. Then I noticed that the pattern stitch is really not followed if you look at the picture. I thought, no biggie - I can just change it up a bit, espescially since I was a third of the way through the back and not even done with the first skein of yarn. I have 10 skeins. I should be able to change it up and have plenty left over. But after my fourth repeat of the pattern, I realized...I don't like it.


I just don't see myself wearing a tank top with this pattern. The pattern just below this one in the pattern book, though, looks like a nice, open airy sweater, so I'm going to make that. I've already frogged the above, so there is no turning back! I have discovered that I don't have the right needles, though, so I shall have to make a trip to the LYS here called Inspirations. Such a shame :)

Sharon and I are off to do some kayaking. In the words of the banner hanging from the pine tree - Life Is Good.

Ciao!

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Good luck on finishing the bedroom sweater : ) and how sad you have to go to a yarn store! Enjoy your vacation.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yellow bit - tube top was it? - would actually look good as part of a skirt, with fabric underneath it.
What were you thinking??? Tube top, tank top, tomato, tomaahto...you pronounce it "holes where the nipples will go". Honestly woman, I wonder about you.
The knitting looks really nice, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home