Friday, January 12, 2007

Old and New

I have so much to say – and I’ve tried to say it a few times, but Blogger and I are having a disagreement. I think that I should be able to upload my blog, save drafts and include pictures. Blogger, for whatever reason, does not agree that I have these priveleges.

ANYWHO…

I’ve decided to sum up the last two and a half months in a single post. It may (nay, will) be lengthy. Get a snack. I’ll wait.

Ready? Let’s start with the old, shall we?

The last real post I made was just before Halloween. That’s quite a while ago, and there are several major holidays in between then and now.

To wit:
1) Thanksgiving.















All hail the Celebration of the Dead Bird. Which I cooked. Which was apparently tasty. (I didn’t have any until about 4 days later, then it was just…leftover dead bird.) We also had friends and family in the house.

Dad in the brown sweater on the left, Sasha the German Shepherd looking for food in the front, Kat at the island, Adam eating snacks next to her, Mom behind Kat at the sink and me cooking - COOKING, people! - next to the stove.


And in this photo we have Dad, still on the left and still in the brown sweater, Adam entranced by Finding Nemo, Travis on the Man-Eating Chair (if you’ve sat in it, you know), less than entranced by Finding Nemo, and Taylor, almost 2 in this picture, who thinks Finding Nemo is the pinnacle of American cinema.

The table nearly rivaled those previously seen at Sharon’s Thanksgiving Events ™.

Yes, those are menus on everyone’s plate. No, there was no ordering of what folks wanted, but if you didn’t want a thing, you didn’t put it on your plate. If you look very carefully in the middle left, you will see Nemo Orange on Taylor’s plate. Quite the hit.

Speaking of hits, how cute is this:

2) Snowstorm on December 1st.

Looking back, now, I realize Chicago got all its snow at once. Since that storm, which shut everything down, especially in Lake County, we have yet to see a single flake. In fact, it was in the 60s a few days ago – January! 60s! Global warming, anyone? But I’m jumping ahead, so let’s stay at December 1st for the moment.

The dogs were thrilled to see the snow. Even Pelli got into it for a minute or two. Emma did not want to come in. She lay down and made Emma-shaped snow angels and buried her head to make tunnels in the snow. (Ok, total aside. I hate the verb ‘to lay/to lie’ – I don’t even know the infinitive. The conjugation is horrible and I can never remember it. It’s sad, considering I just yelled at a piece of paper from a vendor at work who put an apostrophe after DVR to indicate the plural – DVR’s [sic] - *shudder* and I hollered, “It’s your native tongue, learn to write it.” Forward 5 minutes later and I don’t even know how to conjugate a verb. Feel free to comment with the rules you use and my apparent OCD approach to the English language.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home