Friday, January 12, 2007

Blogger Makes Me Want to Throw Things!

And we're back.

Please read the last post before this one. Good grief, Blogger makes me mad! It stopped uploading pictures (I'm used to that) and then it stopped taking instruction on what to do with the spacing. It was ignoring the return key. I am soooooo ready to put my blog on our website. I just have to figure out how. Also, for whatever reason, I can't upgrade to the new Blogger. The message boards are suspisciously quiet.

Actually, now that I'm thinking of it, there is a good chance that this will be a "Middle Blog". Think of my blogs like siblings. The post just before this (the oldest child) set up the general format and will have grand aspirations of literary genius that didn't come to fruition. This post (the middle child) might get lost in the reading, or be the point where my language lets go, but it will hold its own and will be the most stable. The post I assume will come later (the youngest child) will be the one that stands out because it will be the most visible- but by the time I get there, I'll probably be less concerned about the format - and the language.

So anywho, this post is about old event number 2 - The Snowstorm.

Gene, snow-mo-blowin' with no hat. I am a knitter extrodinaire (in my own mind) and my husband is not wearing a hat. What's really wierd about this is that Gene almost always wears a baseball cap. The snow is coming down in increments of feet and Gene thinks, "Snowpants? Yes, I should wear snowpants. Boots? Absosmurfly. Hat? Naw, there's no reason I should cover my head." *boggle*























The neighborhood was so snowy we couldn't even see where the street started.


I am, by the way, thrilled that I am able to present these pictures to you (Blogger can go...to a warmer place). I have spent some time picking out *just* the right ones - this blog must be pretty, after all! I wanted to convey the awesome feeling of being caught at home in a snowstorm. It's one of my favorite feelings. I love being warm and bundled up in turtlenecks and woolen socks, sweaters and looking out at the snow that is falling quietly outside my window. And actually, the quiet might be the part I like the most. I love the muffled sound of everything when it is covered with snow. I love the evenness of the landscape. I think I was meant to be in Alaska, or at least further north from here. Snow just makes me happy.











The dogs all loved the snow, too. You can see them romping - romping, I tell you! - in the fun fluffy stuff. Pelli played for a bit, but then got tired of walking through cold wetness that was as tall as she was. She walked in the other dogs' footprints for a while, then decided she'd had enough and that I should let her in.

















Sasha is entertained by...well, just about anything. Snowflakes that move? Wow! Fluffy stuff in the backyard? Neato! The other dogs want to run amok with her? Fantastic! She is completely oblivious to cold and wet (I'm guessing because she is a long-haried German Shepherd) and also because she is Sasha, and Sasha is not affected by trivialities such as cold and wet. Not when there are things to do, and watch, and play with and alert everyone to. If ever a dog could be ADD, this dog would be their poster puppy.


















Emma is a dog that was created for the snow. I think in terms of evolution, she is the pinnacle of the snow dog. First of all, she's the same color as the snow (a problem when she escapes in the winter and we have to catch her and we can't find her until she turns around and we see her black eyes and nose). Then she has all that fur. So. much. fur. Wait until the spring and the pictures of all her fur floating around my house like fluffy tumbleweeds. You simply will not believe it. Finally, she loves to dig. Typically, we discourage the digging - it is really not that great for our backyard to have the mulch distributed evenly throughout the yard, rather than in just the beds. But when it's snowy - she digs, she burrows, she lays in the snow and kicks her legs up. She becomes one with the snow. To see it is to believe it. She makes herself a little bed in the snow and does not want to come in the house. She is completely content.


The final snowstorm image for this particular post - the view of the backyard. Everytime I look at the woods, I know that this house was worth every penny.





2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all Cool forum celtic-knut.blogspot.com! Thanks.
hydrocodone
http://www11.asphost4free.com/tramadolrx/Tramadol.html tramadol tramadol

 
At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Crawling Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Search HD Movies, Console Games, MP3 Singles, Applications & Download Them at Flying Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home